The Flock Pre-School
- A preschool that seeks daily to follow God’s guidance and vision for providing for His children.
- Committed to excellence in child care
- An environment where children will grow socially, emotionally, physically, intellectually and spiritually.
- A balanced approach to curriculum which includes "The Creative Curriculum,” as well as “Letterland” and “Touch Math.”
- A biblical foundation by exploring age-appropriate old and new testament stories and participating in praise and worship on a daily basis.
- Children who are exposed to dramatic play, blocks, manipulatives, toys & games, art, discovery, math, literacy, and music
- Preschool teachers who have a commitment to growing in their faith and sharing their faith with the children who God brings to our preschool.
- Four family celebrations during the year; Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter and End of Year celebration and graduation. During these special times we want to foster Christian community and give our students an opportunity to lead in praise and worship.
- Lots of field trips during the year. We've been to Riverbend Pumpkin Patch, Discovery Kids Museum, Top Notch Gym, Dan Nicolas Park and Patterson's Strawberry Patch.
- The Flock is under the direction of Teresa Gray; former public school teacher and elementary school principal. Call 704.786.6183 for more information
- A MUSIC PROGRAM FOR ALL AGES: Our 1 year old students will experience rhythm instruments. Our 3 year old students will learn to play handbells made just for preschoolers. Four and five year old students will learn the basics of music and how to play handchimes.
- LONGER INSTRUCTIONAL DAY: We will operate from 9am - 1pm daily. All children will eat lunch at preschool.
- LANGUAGE INSTRUCTION: Spanish and Sign Language incorporated into our age-appropriate instruction.
All staff at the Flock Preschool are CPR/First Aid certified. Additionally, staff is required to complete 20 hours of staff development each year in order to continue teaching at the Flock.
We don't take a break just because it's summer! Camp Epworth will be back this summer for lots of fun and activities. There are separate opportunites for preschoolers (ages 1 - 5) and elementary age kids (rising 1st - rising 6th graders).